Hyderabad: Hyderabad Airport which is officially known as Rajiv Gandhi International Airport found a place in the list of top 10 best airports in the world.
According to the report published in Business Today, in the 2019 annual rating report by AirHelp, RGIA was declared as the 8th best airport in the world.
As per the report, Hamad International Airport, Qatar topped the list whereas, Tokyo Haneda International Airport and Athens International Airport grabbed the second and third position in the list.
Hamad International Airport got 8.39 rating out of 10 whereas, Hyderabad Airport received 8.27.
Surprisingly, none of the US airports were able to find a place in the list.
As per the report, the worst airports are Lisbon’s Portela Airport and the Kuwait International Airport. They are ranked at 131 and 132 respectively.
It may be mentioned that the ranking was based on three factors, on-time performance, service quality and food and shopping options. Their weightages were 60 percent, 20 percent and 20 percent respectively.
Here’re the lists of top 10 best and worst airports of the world:
Top 10 best airports
- Hamad International Airport, Qatar
- Tokyo International Airport, Japan
- Athens International Airport, Greece
- Afonso Pena International Airport, Brazil
- Gdansk Lech Walesa Airport, Poland
- Sheremetyevo International Airport, Russia
- Changi Airport Singapore, Singapore
- Rajiv Gandhi International Airport, India
- Tenerife North Airport, Spain
- Viracopos/Campinas International Airport, Brazil
Ten worst airports
- London Gatwick Airport, United Kingdom
- Billy Bishop Toronto City Airport, Canada
- Porto Airport, Portugal
- Paris Orly Airport, France
- Manchester Airport, United Kingdom
- Malta International Airport, Malta
- Henri Coanda International Airport, Romania
- Eindhoven Airport, Netherlands
- Kuwait International Airport, Kuwait
- Lisbon Portela Airport, Portugal